Wednesday 30 March 2011

Back from the shire (again)

Well i'm back from the shire and not a chance to rest yet! Been cleaning, working and trying to unpack, yiu may say but you were away did'nt you rest there...
No. I'm from an old welsh family which means my family and extended family is huge! My mother was one of 8 so my time was spent visiting family, babysitting and getting stuck in Cardiff.  But it was great! As I said I got stuck in Cardiff I was visiting my good friend Lucy and her little one...however we were'nt able to get on our bus and we had to run to the bus stop...we missed by 5 minutes! So I had to make a classey shopping trip to buy pants and a toothbrush and ended up stopping the night. It ended up being the highlight of the trip it was'nt planed but we got to spend time together and chill :)
The only downside to being at home (apart from missing partner) was packing away childhood. My parents are selling the house, so it was my job to spend a day packing up anything that was still mine and all my old toys to put into a carboot sale and any sketchbooks to go into storage at my Dad's workshop. Was very strange.
Anyhoo, didn't manage to get the sketching I had planed when away due to family keeping me busy, but need manage to get some dead lands character sketches planed out, and finally painted the cover of my sketchbook. Now I'm back in Derby have finally finished my art trade with Lucy of her character Ella (left) the full version can be seen here. Again another full digital piece with a promise of more to come!

No comments: